The purpose of this program is to assess the elements of entrepreneurship – which typically include training, mentoring and advising, and material supports – to better understand the impacts.
Strengthen the Black Business community and its economic outcomes through the BACEL Training Program. Provide supports and approaches that address systemic barriers such as access to capital, access to networks, and skill gaps.
Who is BACEL for?
BACEL is a nationwide program for all Black entrepreneurs who need additional business and life skills training. This non-traditional entrepreneurship program takes an intersectional lens to meet the needs of:
- Women and gender diverse people
- Low-income Canadians
- Official Language Minority Communities (OLMCs)
- People with disabilities
- Other groups who are marginalized
- Provide access to skills, networking and mentorship for 400-plus Black entrepreneurs over 20 months to strengthen the Black business community.
- Meet the emerging business and life skills development needs of Black businesses across Canada.
- Support and address identified barriers such as access to capital and networks, and skills gaps, among others.
- Develop a robust training program aimed at closing the achievement gap and helping Black entrepreneurs grow and succeed.
- Run a nation-wide online training program with skilled, professional course facilitators and instructors.
- Develop and conduct a thorough evaluation process to program effectiveness and generate an evidence-based model of entrepreneurship training.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have another question? Submit it here and we’ll get back to you within 1-2 days.